Andy Hawthorne OBE at 2011 National Prayer Breakfast
At the National Prayer Breakfast on 21st June 2011, Andy Hawthorne, Director of the Message Trust, delivered a clear and powerful address. He reminded those attending that it was the church and the gospel of Jesus Christ that is needed in the most challenging and disadvantaged parts of the UK.
He quoted research from Theos that demonstrated that God had been mentioned more time in Parliamentary Debates in the past ten years than at any other time in history. Despite this amazing fact there had been little mention of Jesus Christ.
Andy reminded delegates, that the 'Bible Works and Jesus Works'. He cannot and should not be excluded from public life.
Watch Andy's talk here now.
- SUSA - the video
- Biblical, missional, and possible
- Susa booklet 'A City on a Hill'
- One Nation but Two Cities - Christianity and the Conservative Party
- Prayer resources
- SUSA individual resources manual
- World's smallest political quiz
- Building Jerusalem? - Christianity and the Labour Party
"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. "